FACS Training: Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting
The UF IMC provides training on the BD FACSAria III and Bio-Rad S3e cell sorters.
BD FACSAria III Operator Training: $500 internal/$1,000 external
The Aria III is a 4-way cell sorter capable of using variable-sized nozzles to achieve different sorting speeds at different pressures to maintain high viability and recovery. This course is offered every three months and lasts three days. Topics include:
- Sample preparation and appropriate nozzle selection
- Instrument components and operation procedures
- Experimental settings
- Automated compensation
- Acquisition 6-color panels using beads and then cells.
- Setup for sorting into tubes
- Strategies, optimization and sorting of:
– specific subpopulations of regulatory T cells
– rare cell populations (DC’s)
- Cleaning routines and daily maintenance
Bio-Rad S3e Operator Training: $300 internal/$600 external
The S3e is a steam-lined and easy-to-use cel sorter. With automated alignment and QC wizards, this machine can be mastered in a matter of hours. This course is offered every two months and lasts 1.5 days.
- Sample Preparation
- Set-up and QC
- Acquisition 4-color panels using beads and then cells.
- Tube Logic